With help from Nordisk Film Fonden and Sportgoodsfonden, EFC can offer 3 full scholarships for Danish citizens for the 2023-24 programme. Read the requirements for applying in this article.
At EFC we wish to improve the diversity among our Danish students, and we also want to support the diversity of voices and stories in the film industry.
Thanks to funding from Nordisk Film Fonden and Sportgoodsfonden, we are now able to offer 3 full scholarships for Danish students at the 2023-24 programme.
Who can apply?
Not everyone can apply for the scholarships. The 2 scholarships from Nordisk Film Fonden are earmarked Danish citizens, who – for financial, geographical, or minority ethnic reasons – would not be able to attend EFC without a scholarship. And the 1 scholarship from Sportgoodsfonden is earmarked a minority ethnic Danish citizen.
The scholarships will therefore not be handed out on financial reasons only, other factors must be counted in as well.
These will be the factors that we will take into consideration:
- Applicants who have a big passion for film and the living image and dream about developing their passion and their talent, but who – for financial, ethnic, or geographical reasons never thought it possible to attend EFC
- Applicants who come from the peripheral regions of Denmark – geographical areas from where we normally don’t see many students
- Applicants who are part of an ethnic minority
These parameters should be combined with a lack of funds to pay for a stay at EFC.
How to apply
If you can identify with one of these parameters and do not have the funds to attend EFC, please send a scholarship application to firstname.lastname@example.org – marked “Application for 2023-24 scholarship”.
In the application, you should include the following:
- A motivational letter (in Danish), explaining why you think you should have a scholarship (addressing one or more of the parameters listed above). If you prefer, you can also make this presentation as a little film.
- A CV (IN DANISH)
- Optional: An example of your previous work in form of either a short film (YouTube or Vimeo link) or some photographs. This is not mandatory.
April 11th at 12 (noon).
Please note that the scholarships are liable to tax - but divided over two calendar years, 2023 and 2024.